Subject: Re: bug#53678: 29.0.50; Invalid read syntax: "#<" for package install in Windows

From: "Shuguang Sun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 10:55:02 +0800

Thank you Stefan and Alan in another email.

With the hint, I find out the `async-bytecomp-package-mode` is turn on
by the package `helm-core`. So it is a bug of `async-bytecomp` maybe,
and I will report it the package author.

Sorry for the misleading information in the orignial email.

发自我的iPhone

------------------ Original --------------
Date: Wed,Feb 2,2022 11:32 AM

Eli Zaretskii [2022-02-01 17:00:34] wrote:
&gt;&gt; Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 13:32:11 +0800
&gt;&gt; From:&nbsp; Shuguang Sun via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
&gt;&gt;&nbsp; the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]&gt;
&gt;&gt; When I try to install packages from the Package Menu or the command of
&gt;&gt; package-install since about two weeks ago, it reports the error:
&gt;&gt; ```
&gt;&gt; error in process sentinel: async-when-done: Invalid read syntax: "#<"
&gt;&gt; error in process sentinel: Invalid read syntax: "#<"
&gt;&gt; ```
&gt; Stefan, any thoughts?

IIUC the above error involves some part of the `async` package.
Could you give a bit more information about how you hooked `async` with
`package`?

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Stefan