Subject: [bug#53676] [PATCH 5/5] services: pulseaudio: Deploy the configuration files to /etc/pulse.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 20:43:26 +0100

Hi,

Am Montag, dem 31.01.2022 um 23:19 -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> * gnu/services/sound.scm (pulseaudio-environment)
> [PULSE_CONFIG, PULSE_CLIENTCONFIG]: Use fix locations, and move logic
> to...
> (pulseaudio-etc): ... this service extension.  Guard against producing
> empty files.

This patch reproduces (more or less) the initial layout we had for
pulseaudio-service-type.  However, that layout has been reported to not
work with some sandboxes.  I tried tracking down a specific bug, but
could only gather <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/42118#3>.

> Due to a bug with webkit sandboxing, we no longer put daemon.conf
> into /etc/pulse (my bad), but rather set PULSE_CONFIG to directly
> point to it.

In other words, we should check whether Epiphany still plays sound
properly with this patch applied.

Cheers