Subject: [bug#53676] [PATCH 0/5] *** PulseAudio service improvements ***

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 21:26:41 +0100

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, dem 24.02.2022 um 11:31 -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> That is nice, but is still a bit more demanding from users:
> 
> 1. They need to know how to compose multiple G-Exps expressions such
> as mixed-text-file and file-append.
> 2. They need to know to use ".include" directives from PulseAudio.
I don't think 2 counts here.  We assume the users know how to code
PulseAudio configuration script when we hand them the possibility to
edit it, so...

> My proposed change reduces the knowledge needed to just a single
> usage of a G-Exp file-like object, such as plain-file or local-file;
> I think that's a bit easier to grok for starters.  The resulting
> configuration is also easy to inspect; it's all under /etc/pulse as
> the user would expect.
That is a benefit, but I'm not sure how much of a benefit it is over
doing things "manually", particularly in terms of how config files end
up looking vs. the stuff we need to add to make that change.  At the
very least, we should ensure our internals are clean and maintainable.

Cheers