Subject: bug#53675: lisp/startup.el; startup--require-comp-safely async compile breaks if comp is required in init

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 11:01:15 +0000

Tom Gillespie <[email-masked]> writes:

> async compilation no longer runs on startup if comp
> is required during loading of user init files
>
> The issue is from 536a57b72ce11b1bb8d1b34b339424fea6ccbcce
> Fix potential native compiler circular dependencies during load
>
> If for whatever reason during the loading of a user init file
> the feature 'comp is loaded (e.g. because they have a call to
> (use-package queue) in init.el), then startup will not honor
> delayed native compilations. Known causes are cases where
> (require 'comp) is called directly in an init file, or where
> any comp autoload is reached e.g. if a builtin such as
> macroexpand is advised during init re: bug#47049.

Hi Tom,

thanks for reporting and debugging this issue.

a92c6191b0 should fix this, could ou please have a try?

Thanks

  Andrea