Subject: 23.1; gnus -- Inconsistent mml-secure-message-sign method

From: Tommi Vainikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:53:18 +0200

Hi,

currently gnus/lisp/mml-sec.el contains definitions for functions
mml-secure-sign and mml-secure-message-sign which have equal bodies and
description. However when comparing mml-secure-message-sign with
mml-secure-message-* functions, one would expect that also
mml-secure-message-sign would set signing to the entire message, not
only current MML part. I believe that the current version is copy&paste
error, which caused this inconsistency in the function declarations.
Following patch fixes the problem:

Index: lisp/mml-sec.el
===================================================================
RCS file: /usr/local/cvsroot/gnus/lisp/mml-sec.el,v
retrieving revision 7.25
diff -u -r7.25 mml-sec.el
--- lisp/mml-sec.el	22 Jan 2009 07:02:16 -0000	7.25
+++ lisp/mml-sec.el	16 Nov 2009 02:00:20 -0000
@@ -306,11 +306,11 @@

 (defun mml-secure-message-sign (&optional method)
-  "Add MML tags to sign this MML part.
+  "Add MML tags to sign the entire message.
 Use METHOD if given. Else use `mml-secure-method' or
 `mml-default-sign-method'."
   (interactive)
-  (mml-secure-part
+  (mml-secure-message
    (or method mml-secure-method mml-default-sign-method)
    'sign))

-- 
Tommi Vainikainen