Subject: Re: bug#53656: [PATCH 0/2] 2 Julia packages

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 17:22:33 +0100

Hi Efraim,

Both patches look good to me.

I notice this warning:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
┌ Warning: Package OptimTestProblems does not have LinearAlgebra in its dependencies:
│ - If you have OptimTestProblems checked out for development and have
│   added LinearAlgebra as a dependency but haven't updated your primary
│   environment's manifest file, try `Pkg.resolve()`.
│ - Otherwise you may need to report an issue with OptimTestProblems
└ Loading LinearAlgebra into OptimTestProblems from project dependency, future warnings for OptimTestProblems are suppressed.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and...

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 at 12:40, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> * gnu/packages/julia-xyz.scm (julia-optim): New variable.

[...]

> +  #:use-module (guix gexp)

[...]

> +       #:phases
> +       #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
> +           (add-after 'unpack 'adjust-tests
> +             (lambda _
> +               ;; TODO: Figure out why this test fails.
> +               (substitute* "test/runtests.jl"
> +                 ((".*l_bfgs.*") "")))))))

...I am thinking loudly if this gexp is required.  There are other many
similar patter without a gexp.  Therefore, for consistency with the
rest, I would be in favor to switch to regular modification of phases.
Or let me know if this is becoming the new patter and I would adapt for
the others.

Cheers,
simom