Subject: bug#53654: 29.0.50; Gtk-CRITICAL warnings with non-Gtk tooltips

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:39:50 +0800

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> (emacs-master:8307): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:52:36.874:
> gtk_widget_set_app_paintable: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)'
> failed

This should now be fixed on master.

> (emacs-master:8307): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:52:36.879:
> gtk_im_context_set_cursor_location: assertion 'GTK_IS_IM_CONTEXT
> (context)' failed

Likewise.

> Configured features:
> ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
> JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
> SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
> XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

BTW, would people install libXi(-devel), configure with
`--with-xinput2', and use the resulting Emacs for a while?  It should
be stable enough for daily use, but there are certainly minor bugs
remaining that have to be ironed out, and I can't do that alone.

Thanks.