Subject: [bug#53648] [PATCH] gnu: fcitx5-gtk: Add GTK 4 support.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 09:42:57 +0100

Zhu Zihao schreef op ma 07-02-2022 om 12:25 [+0800]:
> It matters, because fcitx5-gtk is not a GTK *application*, it
> provides IM module for GTK applications. Guix users may have both
> GTK3 & GTK4 application in same environment. If we drop gtk3 (or even
> gtk2), their input method will be broken.

Ok, that's a good reason, but it would deserve a comment in the package
definition to explain matters to future readers.

> I just check the comment left by iyzsong, and I think it's better to
> make the glib client in "out", and make IM module for different GTK
> version in "gtk2" "gtk3" "gtk4" output. Thoughts?

It would be useful to explain in the description that the output
that needs to be installed, depends on what other software in in the
profile.  E.g.:

"Fcitx5-gtk provides a Glib-based D-bus client and IM module for
GTK+2/GTK+3/GTK4 applications.  The output that needs to be installed,
depends on which variant of GTK that applications use.  When in doubt,
it is sufficient to simply install all outputs."

Greetings,
Maxime.