Subject: bug#53645: Unable to guix pull on pinebook pro

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 17:43:36 +0100

D. Birch schreef op do 03-02-2022 om 16:27 [+0000]:
> I'm still green to know how to fix this, but I presume if I check out
> the latest version via git and the docs online, I should be able to
> update the definition for util-linux to include the patch, then try
> again?

There's no need for that, you can use the patch from Debian
and add it to the 'patches' field of 'util-linux'.

It's odd though that util-linux fails to build for you even
though https://bordeaux.guix..gnu.org has a substitute:

$ guix weather util-linux --system=aarch64-linux
> [...]

Something else that's odd: there's only one hit for
$ grep -rF 'swap area needs to be at least ' | grep -F page
: the file tests/expected/misc/swaplabel.err.  So how is mkswap
supposed to produce the message "mkswap: error: swap area needs to be
at least 10 pages' in the first place?

Greetings,
Maxime