Subject: Re: bug#53633: 29.0.50; eldoc error: (void-variable o)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 09:54:31 +0200

> From: "Jean Louis" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 10:27:08 +0300
> 
> 
> I can observe in the development version this error while programming
> Emacs Lisp:
> 
> eldoc error: (void-variable o)
> 
> It appears sometimes, I cannot know why and how. It appears when I am
> coming after some of functions, not all. Instead of showing me hint for
> the function in the message line, I see that error sometimes.

I don't think we can do anything with just this information.  It
happens in some mode in your non-default, customized Emacs session, so
the problem can be anywhere.  At the very least, please tell in which
major mode this happens (each major mode has its own support for
eldoc).  Bonus points for providing a backtrace, e.g. by setting up a
suitable debug-on-message trap for this error.