Subject: bug#53633: 29.0.50; eldoc error: (void-variable o)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 17:14:49 +0100

"Jean Louis" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can observe in the development version this error while programming
> Emacs Lisp:
>
> eldoc error: (void-variable o)
>
> It appears sometimes, I cannot know why and how. It appears when I am
> coming after some of functions, not all. Instead of showing me hint for
> the function in the message line, I see that error sometimes.

I've also seen this behaviour a couple of times, but I've never taken
the time to debug it, because when it happens Emacs gets really hard to
use.

I think it happens when Emacs is updated and...  then it starts
complaining about void variables and functions.  Restarting Emacs always
makes the problem disappear.

Do you also see this problem after doing a "git pull"?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no