Subject: Re: bug#53619: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: linux-libre: Build the snd-emu10k1 module.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 16:35:22 -0500

Hi Leo,

I thought I had replied here with a more complete answer, but it seems
it may have fallen into the cracks as well, so I'll summarize what I
tested:

I tested on each kernel and it passed the 'make check-system
TESTS=basic' system test for all kernels not currently failing to boot
due to the coreboot framebuffer issue:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
version: 5.16.2 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 5.15.16 OK

version: 5.10.93 OK

version: 5.4.173 OK

version: 4.19.225 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 4.14.262 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 4.9.297 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 4.4.299 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

Where for the failed kernels the failure was:
gnu/build/linux-modules.scm:257:5: kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot" "/gnu/store/dk6bzmfg1zyfhwg3yzwi47ncn5dqb8cr-linux-libre-5.16.5/lib/modules"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This has now been merged into master as of
e5c06dce937d96b36fab73df12ccfb6e77d127ac.

Thank you!

Maxim