Subject: bug#53619: closed (Re: bug#53619: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: linux-libre: Build the snd-emu10k1 module.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 04:52:03 +0000

Your bug report

#53619: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: linux-libre: Build the snd-emu10k1 module.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53619: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53619
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53619: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: linux-libre: Build the snd-emu10k1 module.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 23:51:39 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

As discussed on IRC the other day, I've tested this configuration on all
kernels via 'make check-system TESTS=basic' on x86_64, and the result
was the same as before the change:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
version: 5.16.2 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 5.15.16 OK

version: 5.10.93 OK

version: 5.4.173 OK

version: 4.19.225 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 4.14.262 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 4.9.297 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"

version: 4.4.299 FAIL kernel module not found "framebuffer_coreboot"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I was testing the different linux-libre kernels using something like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
modified   gnu/tests.scm
@@ -26,6 +26,7 @@ (define-module (gnu tests)
   #:use-module ((guix ui) #:select (warn-about-load-error))
   #:use-module (gnu bootloader)
   #:use-module (gnu bootloader grub)
+  #:use-module (gnu packages linux)
   #:use-module (gnu system)
   #:use-module (gnu system file-systems)
   #:use-module (gnu system shadow)
@@ -229,6 +230,7 @@ (define %simple-os
                           (type "ext4"))
                         %base-file-systems))
     (firmware '())
+    (kernel linux-libre-4.14)
 
     (users (cons (user-account
                   (name "alice")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The failures are all attributable to #52667.

I pushed the series with 1923ac4034653f86b5442417c4ea2a4603c69114.

Thanks for the review,

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: linux-libre: Build the snd-emu10k1 module.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 21:30:34 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

If like me, you discovered a forgotten Sounblaster Live! from 2000 at the
bottom of your desktop and wondered why there was no support for it in the
Guix kernel config, this series is for you! ;-).

The last patch is unrelated; I find it convenient to have the current Linux
kernel's config exposed as /proc/config.gz, which makes it easy to consult,
for example to grep for the CONFIG_SND_EMU10K1 option!

Thank you,

Maxim Cournoyer (3):
  linux-libre: Normalize the CONFIG_ZONE_DMA to 'y' in kernel configs.
  linux-libre: Build SND_EMU10K1 as a module for x86.
  gnu: linux-libre: Expose running kernel config as /proc/config.gz.

 .../aux-files/linux-libre/4.14-x86_64.conf    |  2 +-
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/4.19-x86_64.conf    |  2 +-
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/4.4-x86_64.conf     |  2 +-
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/4.9-x86_64.conf     |  2 +-
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/5.10-i686.conf      |  2 +-
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/5.10-x86_64.conf    |  2 +-
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/5.15-i686.conf      | 34 +++++++++++++------
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/5.15-x86_64.conf    | 32 ++++++++++-------
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/5.16-i686.conf      | 29 +++++++++++-----
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/5.16-x86_64.conf    | 27 ++++++++++-----
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/5.4-x86_64.conf     |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/linux.scm                        |  5 ++-
 12 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.0