Subject: bug#53617: 28.0.90; duplicate checks in erc--switch-to-buffer

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 04:30:30 +0100

Michael Olson wrote:

>>> Apologies for the unintelligible mumblage.
>>> Somehow (believe it or not), I was trying to ask whether
>>> there's a system in place for keeping track of the number
>>> of non-trivial changes a non-paperwork holder has made so
>>> far. By "system" I guess I mean a person in charge of
>>> recording such information or perhaps a table somewhere to
>>> consult. But if it's less formal than all that, I suppose
>>> I'll just rely on the git history and whatever an author
>>> self-reports. Thanks.
>>
>> No, we don't have such a system, unfortunately.
>> It's somewhat subjective what counts -- we try to count
>> "lines of code", so whitespace changes don't count, of
>> course, and other trivial transforms don't count either.
>
> What I'd sometimes do 10+ years ago is keep an AUTHORS file
> with a list of who contributed, which files, and (in the
> case of unassigned contributors) how many lines so I knew if
> they were getting close to the limit. I'm not sure if that
> would map well to the Emacs repo, maybe a side file like
> ERC-AUTHORS, or just kept outside of the repo.

I've seen a git command do something similar for the Emacs
source ... posted on gmane.emacs.help not so long ago.

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal