Subject: bug#53617: 28.0.90; duplicate checks in erc--switch-to-buffer

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 04:38:00 +0100

>>> No, we don't have such a system, unfortunately.
>>> It's somewhat subjective what counts -- we try to count
>>> "lines of code", so whitespace changes don't count, of
>>> course, and other trivial transforms don't count either.
>>
>> What I'd sometimes do 10+ years ago is keep an AUTHORS file
>> with a list of who contributed, which files, and (in the
>> case of unassigned contributors) how many lines so I knew if
>> they were getting close to the limit. I'm not sure if that
>> would map well to the Emacs repo, maybe a side file like
>> ERC-AUTHORS, or just kept outside of the repo.
>
> I've seen a git command do something similar for the Emacs
> source ... posted on gmane.emacs.help not so long ago.

Didn't find it, but I think it was this:

$ git shortlog -s --all | sort -n -r | head -n 10
 20708	Richard M. Stallman
 12586	Glenn Morris
 11454	Eli Zaretskii
  9153	Stefan Monnier
  6786	Kenichi Handa
  6601	Paul Eggert
  6056	Chong Yidong
  5019	Gerd Moellmann
  4703	Juanma Barranquero
  4049	Lars Ingebrigtsen

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal