Subject: Re: bug#53617: 28.0.90; duplicate checks in erc--switch-to-buffer

From: Guy Gastineau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:25:05 -0500

Yeah, I have no problem with the copyright assignment.  I will look in the
docs to see what I need to give you all for it.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 11:00 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> "J.P." <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Apologies for the unintelligible mumblage. Somehow (believe it or not),
> > I was trying to ask whether there's a system in place for keeping track
> > of the number of non-trivial changes a non-paperwork holder has made so
> > far. By "system" I guess I mean a person in charge of recording such
> > information or perhaps a table somewhere to consult. But if it's less
> > formal than all that, I suppose I'll just rely on the git history and
> > whatever an author self-reports. Thanks.
>
> No, we don't have such a system, unfortunately.  It's somewhat
> subjective what counts -- we try to count "lines of code", so whitespace
> changes don't count, of course, and other trivial transforms don't count
> either.
>
> So as you say -- you just have to look at the commit history and make a
> judgement call in these cases.  (Or even better, ask for a copyright
> assignment form and then you don't have to count. 😀)
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no
>