Subject: bug#53617: 28.0.90; duplicate checks in erc--switch-to-buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 17:00:25 +0100

"J.P." <[email-masked]> writes:

> Apologies for the unintelligible mumblage. Somehow (believe it or not),
> I was trying to ask whether there's a system in place for keeping track
> of the number of non-trivial changes a non-paperwork holder has made so
> far. By "system" I guess I mean a person in charge of recording such
> information or perhaps a table somewhere to consult. But if it's less
> formal than all that, I suppose I'll just rely on the git history and
> whatever an author self-reports. Thanks.

No, we don't have such a system, unfortunately.  It's somewhat
subjective what counts -- we try to count "lines of code", so whitespace
changes don't count, of course, and other trivial transforms don't count
either.

So as you say -- you just have to look at the commit history and make a
judgement call in these cases.  (Or even better, ask for a copyright
assignment form and then you don't have to count. 😀)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no