Subject: bug#53580: shepherd's architecture

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 08:18:39 -0700

Hi Brian,

On Mon, May 29, 2023 at 8:02 AM Brian Cully via Development of GNU
Guix and the GNU System distribution. <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Erlang has had hot code reloading for decades

Thank you for that pointer! I also had Erlang on my mind while reading
Attila's message.

> Lisp Flavoured Erlang exists if you want that syntax. There
> would definitely be advantages to writing an init (and, indeed,
> any service that needs 100% uptime) on top of the Erlang virtual
> machine.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the
bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in
your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” --- H. Jackson Brown Jr in
"P.S. I Love You"

Kind regards
Felix