Subject: Re: [bug#53571] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-validate-html.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 09:19:52 +0100

Hello,

jgart via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-validate-html): New variable.

Thank you. I applied it with the changes below:

> +(define-public emacs-validate-html
> +  (let ((commit "748e874d50c3a95c61590ae293778e26de05c5f9")
> +        (revision "0"))
> +    (package
> +      (name "emacs-validate-html")
> +      (version (git-version "0.1" revision commit))

Version is actually "1.3" per main file.  I also removed `revision'
since `commit' matches the latest version bump.

I also added a comment explaining the situation.

> +      (description
> +"@command{emacs-validate-html} installs the command @command{validate-html},
> +which sends the current buffer to the World Wide Web Consortium’s HTML
> +Validator service and displays the results in a buffer in Compilation
> +mode.  Use standard Compilation commands like next-error to move through
> +the errors in the source buffer.")
> +      (license license:gpl3+))))

I removed last sentence, which belongs to the package manual rather than
its description.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou