Subject: [bug#53556] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Remove luminance-hdr.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 01:10:28 -0500

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 11:32:57PM -0500, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> As I mentioned on #guix, I don't think removing broken but still
> actively developed packages is the way to go.  Have you opened an issue
> with upstream about the build failure?  I've searched but haven't seen
> it.  Development now happens here:
> https://github.com/LuminanceHDR/LuminanceHDR/

I think that asking upstream is something that can be done by people who
aim to use this package. The packages have to sustain themselves with
user contributions: this work can't be done by just a handful of us.

Since this package hasn't built in a couple months (at least; that's as
far back as ci.guix.gnu.org shows us), one could guess it has no users.
A question of the chicken and the egg, perhaps, but we need a whole
henhouse regardless.

Additionally, this package depends on QtWebKit, which I am working to
remove from the distro:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53289

I respectfully insist that we wait 2 weeks for patches to fix this
package or else remove it from Guix.