Subject: 29.0.50; bitmap fonts

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 08:36:35 -0600

Run

emacs -Q -fn "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-20-*-*-75-*-*-*-*"

This works as expected (using the selected font) with older verions of
emacs including 28.0.91, but it selects a weird font with emacs from git.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-01-21 built on regnitz
Repository revision: adf00298b60e87f76c64b1ba68c0424df55982e1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental