Subject: 29.0.50; Completion support for the NAME field of cl-defmethod

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:20:35 +0100

Hello,

to illustrate: eval

  (cl-defgeneric foobar (x))

and then, e.g. in *scratch*, insert

  (cl-defmethod foo|

and try completion at point (M-TAB) at the position indicated with the
"|" meta marker.  No completion is performed.  Only completion of
variable names is tried, not the names of generic functions.  Would be
nice to support that.

Regards,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 46, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-01-26 built on drachen
Repository revision: e82062656f3cb77319457b0dc977949f3e4ca776
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-xwidgets'