Subject: bug#53529: closed (Re: bug#53529: 29.0.50; Error with debbugs 0.30 from ELPA)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 22:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53529: 29.0.50; Error with debbugs 0.30 from ELPA

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53529: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53529
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53529: 29.0.50; Error with debbugs 0.30 from ELPA
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 17:51:38 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Arash Esbati [2022-01-29 13:03:31] wrote:
> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Could you see if the patch below happens to help?
> Yes, it does.  I deleted debbugs via package interface, applied your
> change to `package-autoload-ensure-default-file' in scratch and eval'ed
> the function, then I re-installed debbugs -- flawless.  Thank you.

Great, thanks, pushed,

        Stefan

Subject: 29.0.50; Error with debbugs 0.30 from ELPA
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: emacs-bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 19:23:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

debbugs 0.30 landed via package-update and while byte-compiling the new
version, Emacs says:

  Compiling file z:/pathto/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.30/debbugs-autoloads.el at Tue Jan 25 17:36:45 2022
  Entering directory ‘z:/pathto/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.30/’
  debbugs-autoloads.el: Error: End of file during parsing

Killing and re-starting Emacs leaves this message in the shell:

  Error loading autoloads: (user-error Local variables entry is missing
  the suffix)

Emacs starts though.  The error goes away if I delete debbugs and
re-start.  This is Emacs from git (b373c8ad) on Win10 compiled with
Msys2.

Best, Arash