Subject: Re: bug#53520: [PATCH] tabulated-list gradually truncate image

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 14:36:32 +0100

Thuna <[email-masked]> writes:

> Previously images were displayed as is which would potentially cause
> misalignment if the column width were less than the image width.  Image
> is now cropped width-wise to fit the column width.  This patch, however,
> does not affect the height of the image.

[...]

> +                                          (slice 0.0 0.0
> +                                                 ,(* (frame-char-width)
> +                                                     available-space)

I think it a tabulated-list caller wants to insert images into the
table, they should ensure that the width of the image is appropriate for
the column.  And as you say, this only chops off the parts of the
image -- I think it's more likely that a caller would want to set the
width with :max-width or the like.

So I don't think this makes all that much sense as a feature.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no