Subject: bug#53520: [PATCH] tabulated-list gradually truncate image

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:37:42 +0100

Thuna <[email-masked]> writes:

> I do not wholly disagree that the current strategy of slicing the image
> may not be the ideal solution for all situations, however is it not
> better to handle images even if done poorly (which I would argue is not
> the case) than it is to not handle them altogether?
>
> Other methods of (yet unimplemented) resizing an image include scaling
> it down and hiding it when it doesn't fit.  All of these methods have
> their use cases and it should be relatively simple to introduce a
> variable that controls which one is used.

I think you're trying to use the mode for things it's not really suited
for, and adding things like this will only be half measures.  There's a
lot of things the package using the mode could want to have done with
the contents of the table, and modes can advise tabulated-list-print to
do these transforms if they want to.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no