Subject: Re: bug#53511: guix pull command fails

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 08:59:40 +0100

xdrcft56 schreef op ma 24-01-2022 om 23:35 [+0000]:
> Thank you.  I've attached the requested log file (/var/log/guix/drvs/aj/mmafhpmi83ssxg860wd93z9yhhhk5w-gcc-10.3.0.drv.bz2).

‘collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]’

this could indicate an out-of-memory situation, which Guix cannot
really do anything about.   If it is a OOM, the dmesg should contain a
message about it (I don't know exactly how it looks like).  A future
OOM can be avoided by closing some memory intensive applications (e.g.
most web browsers) and reducing the number of cores used for building:
"guix pull --cores=2 --max-jobs=1".

In principle, it could be something else though.  Can you reproduce
with "guix pull --cores=2 --max-jobs=1"?

Also, I'm noticing you are building everything from source.
To avoid having to build things (and hence reduce the chance of
an OOM) (and save energy), I recommend enabling and authorising
substitutes.

Greetings,
Maxime.