Subject: bug#53506: guix-packages-base.drv leads to segfault on i686-linux

From: André Batista <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:28:41 -0300

Hi Ludo!

seg 07 fev 2022 às 23:00:27 (1644285627), [email-masked] enviou:
> Hi!
> 
> An update: with changes made in Guile “main” over the last couple of
> weeks, memory consumption is 20% lower and compilation is 20% faster
> compared to 3.0.7 (on x86_64):
> 
> To be continued…

I don't know if it is of any help, but after
'076e825dc5d585943ce820a279fffe4af09757fb' I could pull again after
a couple of weeks hitting this bug. Thanks a lot!

Previously I had tried to move rust-tokio* package definitions to
another file but it wasn't enough to work around it.

While parsing crates-io.scm, it also occured to me to try to
create a 'crates-crypto.scm' and move all crypto related definitions
there. Would you think this to be useful even after you get to the
solution you've been chasing? Are there any guix currently
working on chopping crates-io.scm down?

Cheers!