Subject: 28.0.91 `make check && make install` failing for GNU Emacs 28.0.91 ??

From: Auntie Carol <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 13:13:18 +0000

I've been building from Savannah's main branch for the last couple of
months. Yesterday I decided to "roll back" to 28.0.91 and ran into the
following errors:

2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  emacs-tests/bwrap/allows-stdout
   FAILED  emacs-tests/seccomp/allows-stdout

And compilation does not complete.
All works as it should when ` check` is removed from the make directive.

kernel (supplied by Pop!_OS): 5.15.8-76051508-generic
gcc (Ubuntu 11.2.0-7ubuntu2): 11.2.0

Don't know if this is a bug or my system. Anyway, thanks!

CT

=== guts of the build script ===
export CC="gcc-10"
./autogen.sh
./configure \
--with-native-compilation  \
--with-gnutls=ifavailable \
--with-json \
--with-jpeg \
--with-pgtk \
--with-png \
--with-rsvg \
--with-tiff \
--with-wide-int \
--with-xft \
--with-xinput2 \
--with-xml2 \
--with-xpm
make check && sudo make install

=== cat ./test/src/emacs-tests.log ===
cat ./test/src/emacs-tests.log
Running 7 tests (2022-01-23 14:59:43+0000, selector ‘(not (or (tag
:expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp)))’)
Test emacs-tests/bwrap/allows-stdout backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (eql status 0)) :form (eql 159 0) :
  ert-fail(((should (eql status 0)) :form (eql 159 0) :value nil))
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x91b1991a23835a9>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name emacs-tests/bwrap/allows-stdout :docu
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "src/emacs-tests" "--eval"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test emacs-tests/bwrap/allows-stdout condition:
    Info: Process output:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (eql status 0))
      :form
      (eql 159 0)
      :value nil))
   FAILED  1/7  emacs-tests/bwrap/allows-stdout (0.227544 sec)
   passed  2/7  emacs-tests/seccomp/absent-file (0.044747 sec)
Test emacs-tests/seccomp/allows-stdout backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (eql status 0)) :form (eql "Bad sys
  ert-fail(((should (eql status 0)) :form (eql "Bad system call" 0) :v
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1354e77c9d8677f7>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name emacs-tests/seccomp/allows-stdout :do
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ... ...))
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "src/emacs-tests" "--eval"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test emacs-tests/seccomp/allows-stdout condition:
    Info: Process output:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (eql status 0))
      :form
      (eql "Bad system call" 0)
      :value nil))
   FAILED  3/7  emacs-tests/seccomp/allows-stdout (0.277550 sec)
   passed  4/7  emacs-tests/seccomp/empty-file (0.040075 sec)
   passed  5/7  emacs-tests/seccomp/file-too-large (0.124284 sec)
   passed  6/7  emacs-tests/seccomp/forbids-subprocess (0.307874 sec)
   passed  7/7  emacs-tests/seccomp/invalid-file-size (0.049196 sec)
Ran 7 tests, 5 results as expected, 2 unexpected (2022-01-23 14:59:45+0000,
1.329448 sec)
2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  emacs-tests/bwrap/allows-stdout
   FAILED  emacs-tests/seccomp/allows-stdout