Subject: [bug#53466] [PATCH] home: Add redshift service.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 10:22:32 +0100

Hi Andrew,

I hadn’t noticed this message of yours earlier…

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I think I'll move (gnu home-services ...) I personally use and
> incompatible with system services approach to (rde home services) not to
> confuse people and will maintain them myself.  But I'm ok if someone
> would like to rewrite to the usual style and upstream them, I will help
> with the review.

Alright noted.  I would obviously prefer if you would instead contribute
those services to Guix Home proper—that was the whole point of getting
it merge in Guix in the first place, right?

I feel that perhaps, contrary to what I thought, we hadn’t reached a
shared understanding of what it means to maintain things collectively
withing Guix.  It’s a bit of a sad situation, but I’m sure there’ll
still be good things happening in Guix Home, and in rde.

Thanks,
Ludo’.