Subject: [bug#53466] [PATCH] home: Add redshift service.

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 11:57:31 +0300

On 2022-02-01 10:15, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> We’re drifting away from the practical issue of adding a Redshift
> service, but you raise interesting issues.

I have a few more to raise, but they are unrelated to redshift and even
weakly related to configuration styles :)

Overall, I'm ok with this redshift service and if you are sure that
tradeoffs accepted by guix system services are correct even in the light
of issues I mentioned and we don't need to try a slightly different and
more data-structure oriented way, I think we can proceed with this
service.

Just give it one more week, after a next revision of the patch with
fixed escape hatch is published, just in case someone else has good
arguments, but didn't speak yet.

I think I'll move (gnu home-services ...) I personally use and
incompatible with system services approach to (rde home services) not to
confuse people and will maintain them myself.  But I'm ok if someone
would like to rewrite to the usual style and upstream them, I will help
with the review.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin