Subject: bug#53462: Guile 2.0.14: check fails on i686

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 11:58:38 +0100

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli schreef op zo 23-01-2022 om 01:33 [+0100]:
> > cadcbbaf65 gnu: r-bigmelon: Add r-knitr.
> guile 2.0.14 fails tests.

According to "guix refresh -l", ‘only’ 83 packages depend on
[email-masked]:

[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] guile2.0-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] guile2.0-
[email-masked] [email-masked] guile2.0-gdbm-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] r-
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]

The R packages seem to require precisely [email-masked] through 'nlopt'.
Maybe nlopt works with [email-masked], maybe it can easily be modified to
support [email-masked] (or even [email-masked]).  We could also disable the
guile bindings in 'nlop' when compiling for target-x86-32?.

Greetings,
Maxime.