Subject: Re: bug#53461: [[email-masked]: Rust CVE]

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:59:40 -0500

Hello,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 06:06:55PM -0500, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> > I suppose we could do it quickly on a branch.
>> 
>> Note that Rust is now needed to build all of GTK, at least on x86_64.
>> That's a rather large rebuild.
>
> Oh, right.
>
> Well, I wonder what we should do?

Perhaps a rebuild branch for it... but let's finish migrating to the new
SSD storage first (we're still just copying part of /var/cache into it).

This should give us some time to update the Rust chain to 1.58.1.  Would
you or anyone else like to try?  It's nothing to difficult; it consists
of moving the tests bits to 1.58.1 (the leaf package), and hide the
previous versions (Rust only support the latest release).  Then rebuild
the world with it.  We could use this opportunity to ungraft too.

Thanks,

Maxim