Subject: bug#53454: closed (Re: bug#53454: [PATCH core-updates 0/1] gnu: texlive-psnfss: Fix build; add "doc" output.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:05:01 +0000

Your bug report

#53454: [PATCH core-updates 0/1] gnu: texlive-psnfss: Fix build; add "doc" output.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53454: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53454
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53454: [PATCH core-updates 0/1] gnu: texlive-psnfss: Fix build; add "doc" output.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:04:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Simon,

Simon South <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here's v2 of this fix for the texlive-psnfss package.  This version omits the
> trailing "#t" from phases, based on Maxime's feedback, and adds a commit that
> removes the "#t" from the existing "chdir" phase.  Other than a small tweak to
> the commit message in the second patch everything else is unchanged from v1.

Pushed in ‘core-updates’ as 08bb73749e55a8b8078062a0ab6f4f0eed53a475.

Thank you and sorry for the delay!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/1] gnu: texlive-psnfss: Fix build; add "doc" output.
From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:24:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch fixes the texlive-psnfss package, adding a number of missing files
as well as a "doc" output with the package's PDF documentation.

The current texlive-psnfss package is clearly incomplete: It contains only the
package's source and its generated .sty files, the latter of which are
actually included twice.  Mostly this is due to the package definition not
chdir'ing back out of a work directory before the "copy-files" phase runs.

This patch adds the missing installation steps, which include arranging files
in the output to match the instructions in the package's README file.[0]

I've tested this as best I can: The package and its immediate dependencies[1]
build fine on both x86-64 and AArch64, and the updated package now works as
expected with the TeX source I'm using.

[0] https://ctan.math.ca/tex-archive/macros/latex/required/psnfss/README
[1] texlive-base, texlive-charter and texlive-tiny.

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (1):
  gnu: texlive-psnfss: Fix build; add "doc" output.

 gnu/packages/tex.scm | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 33 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 80194d9e47f9f50602a5a97ecd33fb9a95dfe03d
-- 
2.34.0