Subject: bug#53451: 28.0.91; Different behavior with native-compilation

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:31:37 +0000

Frédéric Giquel via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed a weird indentation using fish-mode (from MELPA). I tried to
> understand the root cause and found that the problem only appears when
> using native-compilation.
> So I open a bug here (and not in the fish-mode repository).

Hi Frédéric,

the first time fish-mode is used a trace of its native compilation
should appear in the *Async-native-compile-log* buffer.  Could you have
a look and report what is produced there?

PS you can remove the fish-mode .eln already produced somewhere under
~/.emacs.d/eln-cache and restart emacs to re-trigger native compilation
if necessary.

Thanks

  Andrea