Subject: Re: bug#5345: Password asked when visiting a file in a lightweight checkout

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:21:47 +0100

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 21:10, Lennart Borgman
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hm. Are you sure?

No. Are you sure that he did?

> I think the RFC assumes that the leading "/" is not part of the
> directory name, so file://<host>/<path> with <host> = localhost and
> <path> = /etc/fstab (etc/fstab relative to /)

I certainly read that as written: the leading / is not part of the filename.

>> He said that he thinks that
>> the RFC assumes that the path does not start with a slash.
>
> Yes.

Then, what are we discussing?

> Please explain. How do you get file:/// on w32?

Using the same interpretation (though I'm not sure I agree with it):
the absolute filename does not start with a slash. Surely you don't
want to remove C from C:/my/path?

BTW, please take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_URI_scheme  (even if you don't trust
the Wikipedia, the entry is quite informative).

    Juanma