Subject: bug#5345: Password asked when visiting a file in a lightweight checkout

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:44:02 +0100

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:11, Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Could you, please, set `debug-on-quit' to t? Then the backtrace after
> C-g might be interesting.

Yes, of course.

The backtrace corresponds to find-file etc/NEWS in branch
C:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight, which is a lightweight checkout of
C:/emacs/repo/trunk.

    Juanma

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  byte-code("\301^P\302\303!\207" [quit-flag t eval (ignore nil)] 2)
  read-passwd("Password for Juanma@C: ")
  ange-ftp-get-passwd("C" "Juanma")
  ange-ftp-get-process("C" "Juanma")
  ange-ftp-host-type("C" "Juanma")
  ange-ftp-ls("/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format/" "-al" t t)
  ange-ftp-get-files("/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format" t)
  ange-ftp-file-entry-p("/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  ange-ftp-file-exists-p("/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  apply(ange-ftp-file-exists-p "/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  byte-code("\304^X\305 ^Y\306\216\307\n^K\"+\207" [debug-on-error
save-match-data-internal fn args t match-data ((byte-code
"\301^H\302\"\207" [save-match-data-internal set-match-data evaporate]
3)) apply] 3)
  ange-ftp-hook-function(file-exists-p
"/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  apply(ange-ftp-hook-function file-exists-p
"/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  tramp-ftp-file-name-handler(file-exists-p
"/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  apply(tramp-ftp-file-name-handler file-exists-p
"/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  tramp-file-name-handler(file-exists-p
"/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  file-exists-p("/C:/emacs/repo/trunk/.bzr/branch/format")
  vc-bzr-working-revision("c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS")
  apply(vc-bzr-working-revision "c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS")
  vc-call-backend(Bzr working-revision
"c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS")
  vc-working-revision("c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS" Bzr)
  vc-default-mode-line-string(Bzr "c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS")
  apply(vc-default-mode-line-string Bzr
"c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS")
  vc-call-backend(Bzr mode-line-string
"c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS")
  vc-mode-line("c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS" Bzr)
  vc-find-file-hook()
  run-hooks(find-file-hook)
  after-find-file(nil t)
  find-file-noselect-1(#<buffer NEWS>
"c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS" nil nil
"c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS" ((3072 4 . 28960) (10917 .
23791)))
  find-file-noselect("c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS" nil nil t)
  find-file("c:/emacs/repo/test-lightweight/etc/NEWS" t)
  call-interactively(find-file nil nil)