Subject: alacrity 0.9.0 build fails on guix 2b6af630d61dd5b16424be55088de2b079e9fbaf

From: Andrew Zhurov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 13:29:40 +0200

During `guix home reconfigure` alacrity fails to be built:
```
building /gnu/store/b0ignjp1wkmvq81fj90igrxps1kjyz00-alacritty-0.9.0.drv...
- 'build' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/b0ignjp1wkmvq81fj90igrxps1kjyz00-alacritty-0.9.0.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/b0ignjp1wkmvq81fj90igrxps1kjyz00-alacritty-0.9.0.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/b0/ignjp1wkmvq81fj90igrxps1kjyz00-alacritty-0.9.0.drv.bz2'.
guix home: error: build of
`/gnu/store/b0ignjp1wkmvq81fj90igrxps1kjyz00-alacritty-0.9.0.drv'
failed
make: *** [Makefile:3: home] Error 1

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Fri Jan 21 11:07:05
```

Where
```
cat /var/log/guix/drvs/b0/ignjp1wkmvq81fj90igrxps1kjyz00-alacritty-0.9.0.drv

...
phase `patch-cargo-checksums' succeeded after 40.4 seconds
starting phase `build'
error: failed to select a version for the requirement bitflags =
">=1.1.0, <1.3.0"
candidate versions found which didn't match: 1.3.2
location searched: directory source
/tmp/guix-build-alacritty-0.9.0.drv-0/source/guix-vendor (which is
replacing registry crates-io)
required by package nix v0.22.1
    ... which satisfies dependency nix = "^0.22.0" of package
alacritty_terminal v0.15.0
(/tmp/guix-build-alacritty-0.9.0.drv-0/source/alacritty_terminal)
    ... which satisfies path dependency alacritty_terminal of package
alacritty v0.9.0
(/tmp/guix-build-alacritty-0.9.0.drv-0/source/alacritty)
perhaps a crate was updated and forgotten to be re-vendored?
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "cargo" arguments: ("build"
"--release") exit-status: 101 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `build' failed after 0.9 seconds
command "cargo" "build" "--release" failed with status 101
```

```
> guix describe
Generation 19 Jan 20 2022 14:09:12 (current)
  guix 2b6af63
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 2b6af630d61dd5b16424be55088de2b079e9fbaf
  nonguix 4c0b9a8
    repository URL: https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix
    branch: master
    commit: 4c0b9a86521a6d06c895b41e62c254da83feff7a
```

A working commit: 8cdecad237