Subject: mesboot derivations, build phase errors, No targets specified and no makefile found

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 17:10:01 +0000

I'm looking at the failed builds for the following derivations:

http://data.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/2ygj1zfybdnb1v40ik46l37inj6jjkwr-make-mesboot-3.82.drv
http://data.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/4azilx11f0mg8kyh761yqgrrzlhh6ddh-grep-mesboot-2.0.drv
http://data.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/rsjbdnk4wsizbnzmc3f5ry7b50vg8h7n-tar-mesboot-1.22.drv
http://data.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/vshbmv0jzcirxbz5c8s5av97s1n9jwpc-gawk-mesboot-3.1.8.drv
http://data.guix.gnu.org/gnu/store/sr66h246j74ci952p37a48j6ilx6smc4-sed-mesboot-4.0.6.drv

The failed parts look like the following:

starting phase `build'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
srfi-34 #<condition &invoke-error [program: "make" arguments: () exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 11f8080> 
phase `build' failed after 0.0 seconds
command "make" failed with status 2

starting phase `build'
make: *** No rule to make target `gawk'.  Stop.
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
srfi-34 #<condition &invoke-error [program: "make" arguments: ("gawk") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 11adbc0> 
phase `build' failed after 0.0 seconds
command "make" "gawk" failed with status 2