Subject: Re: bug#53398: 29.0.50; narrow-to-region induces buffer recentering

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:08:20 +0100

Jose A Ortega Ruiz <[email-masked]> writes:

>   - start composing a message, e.g. a reply, so that the current window
>     shows only a portion of the buffer, and not the signature
>
>   - with point somewhere on the lower half of the window, C-c C-z
>     (message-kill-to-signature)
>
>   - the text from point to signature is deleted alright, but the buffer
>     contents is recentered, as if one had invoked recenter /twice/, so
>     the window gets scrolled up.  previous behaviour was that the window
>     wouldn't scroll at all, one would just see the contents of the
>     buffer below point change (and show the signature).

I've tried reproducing this in Emacs 29 with various contents in the
buffer and with various window sizes, but `C-c C-z' doesn't seem to do
any recentring for me.

Can you create a test recipe, starting from "emacs -Q", that
demonstrates the problem?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no