Subject: bug#53396: 27.1; icalendar rendering should include timezone

From: Alexander Adolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 19:08:36 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Antoine Beaupré <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>  1. the default date format is American. I understand Americans first
>>     built Emacs, but its use has largely spread outside of the United
>>     States of America which has another, standard, time format called
>>     ISO 8601. workaround: (setq calendar-date-style 'iso)
>
> Why not change the `calendar-date-style' default to `iso'?
> [...]

Changing long standing defaults is always hard.

In case it mattered, ISO 8601 would be a default that is
socio-culturally neutral, because it is not linked to any social,
cultural, or language context. That said, it would neither prefer, nor
discriminate anyone. Ok, except those whose preference is what the old
default was... ;-)

  --alexander