Subject: Re: bug#53391: First keypress doesn't work when scratch buffer is killed in emacs 28, emacs daemon + emacs client is used

From: Евгений Курневский<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:19:00 +0000

In GNU Emacs 28.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30,
cairo version 1.16.0)
Repository revision: emacs-28.0.91
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: NixOS 21.11 (Porcupine)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/1a8vlvdff3s7a9ymx38yg9vrg3w6gmxs-emacs-gcc-28.0.91
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 --with-cairo --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
/nix/store/dywjh8zmfvyxsppx613yh8zyfcxmcxqr-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH:
/nix/store/dywjh8zmfvyxsppx613yh8zyfcxmcxqr-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/nix/store/dywjh8zmfvyxsppx613yh8zyfcxmcxqr-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/transient-20220117.1122/transient
hides
/nix/store/1a8vlvdff3s7a9ymx38yg9vrg3w6gmxs-emacs-gcc-28.0.91/share/emacs/28.0.91/lisp/transient
/nix/store/dywjh8zmfvyxsppx613yh8zyfcxmcxqr-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist
hides
/nix/store/1a8vlvdff3s7a9ymx38yg9vrg3w6gmxs-emacs-gcc-28.0.91/share/emacs/28.0.91/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 70501 6217)
 (symbols 48 6638 0)
 (strings 32 19836 2949)
 (string-bytes 1 766284)
 (vectors 16 14132)
 (vector-slots 8 299534 10510)
 (floats 8 23 29)
 (intervals 56 225 0)
 (buffers 992 10))

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 2:13 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Евгений Курневский <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I have encountered a problem with emacs 28 - sometimes it skips the
> > first button press in a very specific case. To reproduce write the
> > following as a config file:
> >
> > (kill-buffer "*scratch*")
> >
> > Start emacs daemon with: emacs -Q -l this_init_file.el --daemon
> > Launch emacs client with: emacsclient -nw some_file.txt
> > Try to type some key, like 'x', and you will see 'x is undefined'
>
> I'm unable to reproduce this in Emacs 28 on Debian/bookworm.  Can you
> include the information that `M-x report-emacs-bug' outputs?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no
>

-- 
С уважением, Курневский Евгений.