Subject: bug#5339 closed by Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#5339: 23.1.91; frame width not updated for fullscreen frames when turning on/off scroll bars)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:45:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#5339: 23.1.91; frame width not updated for fullscreen frames when turning on/off scroll bars

It has been closed by Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5339: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5339
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#5339: 23.1.91; frame width not updated for fullscreen frames when turning on/off scroll bars
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:44:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu skrev:
> In relation to Bug#5268 (23.1.90; # of rows/columns not adjusted by
> change of internal-border-width for fullscreen frames), I found that
> change of vertical-scroll-bars does not update the frame parameter
> `width' for full screen frames.  The value of (window-width) and
> appearances look correct, though.
> 
> Steps to reproduce:
> 
>    1. emacs -Q
>    2. (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullboth) C-j
>    3. (cons (frame-width) (window-width)) C-j
>       => (176 . 176)
>    4. (scroll-bar-mode) C-j
>    5. (cons (frame-width) (window-width)) C-j
>       => (176 . 179)
> 

I've checked in a fix.

	Jan D.

Subject: 23.1.91; frame width not updated for fullscreen frames when turning on/off scroll bars
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 19:41:01 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In relation to Bug#5268 (23.1.90; # of rows/columns not adjusted by
change of internal-border-width for fullscreen frames), I found that
change of vertical-scroll-bars does not update the frame parameter
`width' for full screen frames.  The value of (window-width) and
appearances look correct, though.

Steps to reproduce:

   1. emacs -Q
   2. (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullboth) C-j
   3. (cons (frame-width) (window-width)) C-j
      => (176 . 176)
   4. (scroll-bar-mode) C-j
   5. (cons (frame-width) (window-width)) C-j
      => (176 . 179)

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.91/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.3)
 of 2010-01-07 on mituharu-laptop
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug japan-util
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)