Subject: Re: bug#53375: [PATCH] Account for padding and content length in, tabulated-list-widen-current-column

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:27:38 +0100

Thuna <[email-masked]> writes:

>  > That function is supposed to give reliable results, so if there are
>  > modes it doesn't work in, that sounds like a bug.
>
> In that case debbugs itself needs a fix.  It is possible that other
> tabulated-list derived modes will fail in a similar way so maybe a
> checkup is needed?

Sounds like it.  

>  > This change was small enough to apply without assigning copyright to the
>  > FSF, but for future patches you want to submit, it might make sense to
>  > get the paperwork started now, so that subsequent patches can be applied
>  > speedily. Would you be willing to sign such paperwork?
>
> I am willing to sign the paperwork although I know neither how nor what
> it entails so some help would be appreciated.

Here's the form to get started, and here's the rationale behind it:

  https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.en.html

Please email the following information to [email-masked], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]