Subject: bug#53368: [PATCH] Amended wording in description of .guix-authorizations file

From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 22:42:26 -0400

---

Sorry, got my wires crossed there for a moment. Please disregard the above;
It was meant for a different ticket. Here is a small patch for the
documentation, as requested. What do You think?

 doc/guix.texi | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 44b0f9f1ea..f14642bf89 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -5456,7 +5456,9 @@ for Computer Scientists}} for a great overview.}  The
 @end lisp
 
 Each fingerprint is followed by optional key/value pairs, as in the
-example above.  Currently these key/value pairs are ignored.
+example above.  Currently these key/value pairs are ignored, but this
+may change in the future. The @code{version} field specifies the version
+of the @code{authorizations} file the entry was written for.
 
 This authentication rule creates a chicken-and-egg issue: how do we
 authenticate the first commit?  Related to that: how do we deal with
-- 
2.34.0