Subject: Re: bug#51466: bug#53355: guix shell --check: confusing error message

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 11:37:46 +0200

Chris Marusich schreef op za 25-06-2022 om 02:07 [-0700]:
> It turns out that it is probably not OK to rely on shell redirection
> in
> this case, after all.  For example, "dash does not support multi-
> digit
> file descriptors":
> 
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dash/+bug/249620

I consider temporary files to be more fragile -- you have to take care
of file permissions, removing the file afterwards even after an
interrupt with C-c, deleting the temporary file can fail, there might
be an out-of-space error, in case of file system corruption things
might be remounted read-only, some other program could read, write or
delete the file ..., so I think it would be best to just fix the bug in
dash instead.

Greetings,
Maxime.