Subject: Re: bug#5333: 23.1.91; NextStep/Mac OS X: emacs -nw crash in input_available_signal + 67 (keyboard.c:7514)

From: Steve Revilak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:52:09 -0500

>From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>

>According to the stack trace, the crash seems to happen by
>dereferencing NULL pointer (with some offset) in a non-main thread
>executing the following code in the SIGIO handler.
>
>  if (input_available_clear_time)
>    EMACS_SET_SECS_USECS (*input_available_clear_time, 0, 0);
>
>EMACS_SET_SECS_USECS consists of multiple instructions, and
>input_available_clear_time might be cleared to NULL by the main thread
>between the NULL-check and the completion of EMACS_SET_SECS_USECS in a
>non-main thread.
>
>Could you try the following patch for a while to see if it can avoid
>the issue?

YAMAMOTO,

Thank you for the patch.  I'll will test it this week.

Steve Revilak