Subject: bug#53329: closed (Re: bug#53329: Integrated keyboard doesn't work (Lenovo N22))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 01:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53329: Integrated keyboard doesn't work (Lenovo N22)

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53329: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53329
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53329: Integrated keyboard doesn't work (Lenovo N22)
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Jack Ridehalgh <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:34:28 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 11:39:14PM +0000, Jack Ridehalgh wrote:
> 
> I can confirm the built-in kernel module in branch wip-fix-53329 has fixed the
> keyboard issue on my laptop. With regards to trying 4.4-lts, I would get a
> black screen on boot so I couldn't test that.

Great! I've deployed the fix on the "master branch", so you should get
it by default the next time you pull and reconfigure.

You might get a warning from `guix pull` about "downgrades" the next
time you pull, since the wip-fix-53329 branch forked off the main
branch... not sure. Anyways, it's safe to use --allow-downgrades this
time, if necessary. Check here for a reference on the subject:

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-pull.html

Subject: Integrated keyboard doesn't work (Lenovo N22)
From: Jack Ridehalgh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:36:55 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Due to the bug mentioned here on the Nix tracker
(https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/143223) and elsewhere it is not
possible to use the integrated keyboard on some Braswell laptops.

Would it be possible to include CONFIG_PINCTRL_CHERRYVIEW=y in the kernel
configuration so the keyboard functions correctly on these machines?
Sadly the kernel module does not work when trying to load via modprobe
and these machines are so low powered it's difficult to compile my own kernel.

Many thanks,
Jack