Subject: bug#53326: snap: Fails to build (hash mismatch)

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:37:54 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou schreef op di 18-01-2022 om 14:21 [+0100]:
> Hello,
> 
> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Since 'snap' has a history of mutating tags in-place, maybe it would
> > would be a good idea to replace (string-append "v" version) with the
> > actual commit string (and not a tag name), to avoid future breakage
> > and help "guix time-machine" users?
> 
> AFAIK, this is the first time it happens for this project. I'd rather
> keep tags for now and revisit that decision if it happens again.
> 
> WDYT?

Personally, I would change to commits after the first time it happens,
to avoid having to keep count.

Anyway, I asked upstream <https://github.com/jmoenig/Snap/issues/2966>
whether this will happen again.  Let's wait for a response?

Greetings,
Maxime.