Subject: Re: [bug#53324] [PATCH] gnu: Add uftrace.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:34:33 +0100

Olivier Dion via Guix-patches via schreef op ma 17-01-2022 om 14:20 [-
0500]:
> +    ;; NOTE!  User should add python-3 and luajit to their profile if they
> +    ;; want to do scripting.

This information seems more suite for ‘description’

> +    (propagated-inputs
> +     (list
> +      capstone
> +      elfutils
> +      libunwind
> +      ncurses))

Do these need to be propagated, or can the propagation be avoided with
sufficient application of 'substitute*'?  Propagation can cause profile
collisions which can be difficult to resolve.

> +      ncurses))

If 'ncurses' is used (and depropagated), you probably need to add the
search paths of ncurses (TERMINFO_DIRS) to make sure Guix knows to set
TERMINFO_DIRS.

Greetings,
Maxime.