Subject: bug#5332: debbugs.gnu.org: provide HTTP redirects from emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com

From: "era eriksson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:10:05 +0200

Package: debbugs.gnu.org
X-Debbugs-Cc: [email-masked]

I have the following links open in my web browser:

http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=emacs
http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=889
http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4030

All of these currently return a "404 Not Found" error page, apparently
because the server was moved to debbugs.gnu.org.  However, some pages on
emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com are still valid, and there is no clear
transition to the new domain name.

May I suggest that the HTTP server at emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com be
configured to redirect these links to the corresponding page at
debbugs.gnu.org in order to allow old bookmarks, URL links in emails and
IRC transcripts, and saved browser sessions to work across this
transition.  If the server is Apache, you want to look at mod_redirect
and configure it to produce a 301 redirect for these and related links.

/* era */

-- 
If this were a real .signature, it would suck less.  Well, maybe not.